Eligibility Requirements *
To be eligible for the Higher Level Skills program, individuals must:
- Be aged 15 years or over;
- Be no longer at school;
- Permanently reside in Queensland;
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen; and
- Not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate IV or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
- To be eligible to complete the CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services, individuals must be an existing worker in the Community Services industry.
- To be eligible to complete the CHC43115 – Certificate IV in Disability, individuals must hold a Certificate III in Individual Support and be an existing working in the Disability industry sector (this includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants.
- To be eligible to complete the SIT40516 – Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery, individuals must be an existing worker in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry and must already hold a trade qualification (Certificate III) in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry.
The CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services and SIT50422 – Diploma of Hospitality Management are level five courses under the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF). As such these courses requires students to have, or to develop, specialised knowledge and skills for skilled/paraprofessional work and/or further learning.
To recognise this high-level requirement, two entry pathways into the qualification are available:
Higher Level Skills through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
This pathway is available to eligible existing workers and/or practitioners who can demonstrate pre-existing skills, knowledge and experience gained through working and learning in this field of employment.
During the RPL process your trainer will establish how many units you will be able to RPL and how many units they will provide gap training to you.