What is Recognition of Prior Learning?
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is about the skills and knowledge you’ve gained through work and life experiences.
For example, working in an office could help you get a certificate in business administration. Working in a Kitchen or Front of House could count towards a qualification in hospitality or commercial cookery, or working as a volunteer in a family or friends shop could count towards a certificate in Retail. RPL applies for both paid and unpaid work.
Formal recognition for your skills could help with:
- Improved job security
- Promotion in your current industry/job role
- Moving from volunteer work to paid employment
- Fast track in obtaining a qualification
Why should I apply?
- Reduced costs
- Minimal impact on working/home life
- Rewarding your knowledge and achievements
What are the steps of the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)?
- Interview and Document Review
- Competency Conversation
- Practical Assessment (if required)
- Gap Training (only if required)
- Issue of Statement of Attainment/Qualification (RTO)
What will be my outcome?
You will receive a nationally recognised Certificate, Diploma or Statement of Attainment for units that have been attained through RPL.