Do I qualify for the Certificate 3 Guarantee funding?

There are specific criteria that you must meet to qualify for the funding and you must meet all the criteria.

The criteria can be found here.

Contact us for more information about other funding that might be available to you.

Do you run classes?

We hold classes for many of our courses.  The classes are small and interactive.  Contact us for an up to date schedule and timetable.

Can the course be studied online?

Yes. If you prefer to study online most of our courses are accessible on our online learning platform.

How much does it cost?

The cost will vary depending on the course you select and whether you are eligible for funding.  Contact us to discuss course options and the cost that would apply to you.

Where are you based?

We have 3 offices – one in Robina, Gold Coast, one in Toowoomba and one in Townsville. 

Can I get RPL?

You may be able to get Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) if you have studied and worked previously in the course you want to study.  Contact us to find out more about the RPL process and what is required. 

Do you find work placement for Individual Support?

Although not guaranteed we have several workplaces that we have negotiated work placement for students who are unable to organise their own placement.  Contact us to find out how you can apply for these placements and where these workplaces are located.

Do you help me find a job when I have completed the course?

We are not a recruitment or job search agency, so, we do not have employment opportunities and vacancies to offer students at the completion of their course.  However, your trainer and other class members may be able to give you suggestions, information and ideas about how you can network and contact organisations regarding employment.

When do your classes start?

Classes commence on a regular basis throughout the year.  Contact us for an up to date schedule and timetable of classes.

How long do I have to complete a Certificate III course?

You are required to work consistently through your course and will be asked to complete units on a regular basis and meet deadlines.  If you follow the timetable that is set, you will be able to complete your course in 6 – 12 months.

 Do you offer paper based?

No.  We do not offer paper-based training.  All our training is delivered using our online platform.

What do I need on my computer to complete the course?

All you need is an internet connection.  You do not need any additional software.

Do you offer payment plans if I am not qualified for funding? If so, what is the deposit and plan?

We may be able to assist you with a payment arrangement.  Contact us to discuss payment arrangements with one of our consultants.

Do I need a Police check?

You do not require a Police Check to enrol in our courses but if the course requires work placement you may be required to obtain a Police Check.

Where do I get a Police check?  Should I set it up as a volunteer?  And how much does it cost?

There are many different organisations offering Police Checks.  There are different levels of Police Checks available depending on the purpose and requirement.  These are found and listed on the internet.  For the majority of our students a ‘volunteer’ check is sufficient and the cost ranges from $25 to $35. Call our office to discuss your specific circumstances.

I have completed other courses can I get credit transfers?

If you have completed other courses, you may be eligible for Credit Transfers.  You will need to submit your course transcript or Statement of Attainment for verification.

What is Higher Level Skills (HLS) funding?

Higher Level Skills (HLS) funding is for those who want to study a Certificate IV or Diploma level course.  There are criteria you must meet to access the funding and you must be already working in the industry of the course you wish to study.  Contact us to discuss courses available and whether you are eligible.  

Can I do the online training on my phone/iPad/Tablet?

You can do the course on your phone/iPad/Tablet as all you need is an internet connection.  However, it is not recommended as a suitable device for undertaking study as it does have limitations.

How do I know if my enrolment has been processed?

When your enrolment has been processed you will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment email.  This will provide you with information regarding your course as well as a training plan to follow.  Details on how to access your online learning material will also be provided.

What resources do I need to complete distance online studies?

You will need a

  • Computer or laptop
  • Internet connection
  • Email address

Can I get an extension?

Yes, you can apply for an extension by contacting your trainer or our office.

What happens if I move interstate during my training?

Depending on what eligibility criteria and funding applies to your course you may be able to continue.  Please contact us to discuss your options.

Are Aurora’s qualifications recognised across all of Australia? 

Yes, our Certificate and Diploma courses are nationally recognised across Australia.

What is a USI and how do I get one?

A USI is a Unique Student Identifier which creates a secure online record of your nationally recognised training that you can access anytime and anywhere.  You are able apply for one using the following website:  http://www.usi.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

How long does it usually take to receive my certificate?

Once your final unit of Competency is achieved and all requirements pertaining to your qualification are met, your certificate will be issued by email within 28 days.